Calling all artists, writers, poets, thinkers, & dreamers! Join the Busboys and Poets Travel tribe on a once in a lifetime cultural exchange trip to Cuba. Spend 6 nights and 7 days in Havana & Vardarero with the nation’s most prolific creatives. Join us as we lay a plaque in tribute to the influential friendship between American Poet, Langston Hughes and Nicolas Guillén who is best remembered as the “national poet of Cuba.”
From $1847 Per Person + Air
Draft Itinerary *subject to change
Day 1 – July 6, 2022 Wednesday * Arrival and Welcome in Havana
- Warm welcome by officials of Cuban ministries and the agency.
- Transfer in international airport José Marti – Hotel.
- Welcome dinner with Live Music
- Bus Disposition for 6 hours
Day 2 – July 7, 2022 Thursday* Colloquium & Encounter with Havana Literary Community at Finca Vigia
- Breakfast at hotel
- Colloquium “Cuba and Its Negritude: Racism and Anti-racism. Influences in the Cultural and Social Life”.
- Lunch in a Paladar (a small, independent, family-run restaurant, situated in a private home)
- Visit to Finca La Vigía – Hemingway Museum.
- Encounter with Havana Literary Community in the open air at the museum.
- At night, dinner included at hotel.
Day 3 – July 8, 2022 Friday* Book Presentation, Poetess Nancy Morejón.
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Presentation of Book “Madrigal para un Principe Negro” with poems dedicated to George Floyd by Poetess Nancy Morejón. Venue: Nacional Hotel Room – Taganana.
- Lunch at specialized Restaurant Aguiar in Nacional Hotel.
- Participate in a performance that has over 300 years of uninterrupted tradition, the cannon firing ceremony at the Morro Fortress.
- Dinner across the bay with the best of views of Havana at night.
Day 4 – July 9, 2022 Saturday* City Tour of Modern & Old Havana.
- Breakfast at hotel
- City Tour of Modern & Old Havana. On tour visit the plaque dedicated to the author of Sóngoro cosongo by Dr. Eusebio Leal Spengler, Historian of the Havana city, placed on the 117th anniversary of Guillén’s birth and the 30th anniversary of his death.
- Visit Rum Museum a few steps away.
- Lunch in a Paladar / Restaurant of the area.
- Visit Fine Arts Museum and Museum of the Revolution.
- Enjoy Tropicana Cabaret Show. Dinner and drinks included in cabaret.
Day 5 – July 10, 2022 Sunday* Hommage to Nicolas Guillén
- Visit to Cristóbal Colón Necropolis or Colón Cemetery; monumental cemetery in Havana declared a National Monument in 1987 to pay hommage to Nicolás Guillén on the 120th anniversary of birth.
- Afterwards at UNEAC (Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba) headquarters, placing of the plaque to evoke good friendship between Langston Hughes and Nicolas Guillén which as Guillén said had in common, that they were poets, loved literature and were proud people fighting for better relationships between Blacks and whites.
- Lunch & Visit to Callejon de Hamel
- Transfer to Matanzas
- Overnight in All Inclusive hotel
Day 6 – July 11, 2022 Monday* Encounter with Literary Community of Matanzas
- In the morning enjoy All Inclusive services.
- Encounter with Literary community of Matanzas
Day 7 – July 12, 2022 Tuesday * University of Arts of Cuba
- Visit to the University of Arts of Cuba / Instituto Superior de Arte (ISA).
- Visit to Fusterlandia Community project and lunch in Fusterlandia.
- In the afternoon Arts Schools Panoramic tour and visit to San Alejandro
- Plastic Arts Academy.
- Enjoy Afro Cuban Jazz. Farewell Dinner with friends.
Day 8 – July 13, 2022 Departure Day
•LIMITED AVAILABILITY. RSVP TODAY! Email: email@example.com
• Reservations will be confirmed immediately via email, upon receipt of the request, and pre-invoice will be issued to proceed with the advance payment of services.
• The payment of the services must be made with no less than 15 days before the date of arrival of the (clients).
• Once the payment is made, the client is obliged to send a photocopy of the bank document through which the bank transfer was made to firstname.lastname@example.org events.
WAY OF PAYMENT
Payment for services can be made by credit card (Visa and Visa Electron, Mastercard and Maestro, JCV, Diners club, American Express, 4B, Euro 6000 and SERVIRED) of banks or branches that are not American, through the system CUBANBOULEVARD.com a secure payment gateway system, which will allow speed, confidence and security, once received the payment indication, with the pre-invoice for the services requested.
For more information, contact:
Lic. Lenay de la Barca Wilson
Especialista Comercial/ Sales Executive
Gerencia de Servicios Académicos/ Academic Services Department
Teléfono/ Phone: (53) 72041459 – (53) 52851338 Whatssap: +535 52581751
Questions? Email TravelTribe@busboysandpoets.com