UPDATE: March 25, 2020
We have made the difficult decision to close our Brookland and Takoma locations. Delivery and pick up are currently available from all other locations from 11AM – 9 PM daily via order.busboysandpoets.com
UPDATE: March 17, 2020
All DC and MD locations are offering carryout and delivery services from 11 AM – 9 PM with a limited menu. No dine-in service is available.
The Shirlington location will continue to seat customers using the social distancing policy until 9 PM tonight. Shirlington will move to carryout and delivery only from 11 AM – 9 PM beginning 3/18/20.
UPDATE March 16, 2020
We’re all dealing with the uncertainty around coronavirus (COVID-19).
We recognize the importance of our increased commitment to be proactive and preventive in our decisions here and now. Part of this is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation and continually taking immediate steps as advised by the CDC to support keeping our restaurants safe and clean for our Tribe.
As of today, there are no changes to our regular services. However, we ask for everyone who comes to Busboys and Poets to:
- Please follow the advice of the CDC.
- Please reschedule your visit if you present with any symptoms of COVID-19(such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath), if you have recently traveled, or have had close contact with someone who recently traveled, to any of the affected countries or regions.
We want you to know that your health and safety is our utmost concern. We will be providing updates as things develop but we wanted to provide more detail on the prevantive measures we have undertook so far:
• ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS. We have increased the frequency of cleaning service in every area of the stores, including the bookstores, event spaces, microphones, kitchens, tables, doors, handrails and restrooms.
• PAID SICK LEAVE FOR ALL EMPLOYEES. We are proud to have been at the forefront of this movement in Washington DC.
• ADDITIONAL ANTIBACTERIAL PRODUCTS. We have increased the quantity of sanitizers and disinfectant wipes available for customers and Tribe members.
• PAPERLESS MENUS are now available via a QR Code at our host stands. This feature allows guests to experience our menu without the spread of potential health hazards through paper menu contact.
• SOCIAL DISTANCING. Reducing ticket quantities for our in-house events in order to allow more room for social distancing.
• STRATEGIC SEATING. Our approach is two-fold: Opening the private event spaces for teleworkers and putting a 6’ distance between dining tables. All bar seating is removed per the directive of DC Government.
• GLOVES. All bartenders and servers will now be required to wear gloves.
• WE’LL COME TO YOU. Whether you prefer to stay in the house or have a planning meeting at the office, order online for pickup, or delivery: order.busboysandpoets.com. Individually packaged “Grab & Go” lunchboxes available for a limited time!