Date and Time
Aug 23, 2019 9:00 pm
The Pajama Jammie Jam is a love/erotica-themed slam, for everyone from professionals to novices. Hosted by Simply Sherri, at Takoma Park every
$100.00 cash prize.
There will be THREE themed rounds of poetry:
Round 1: Cupid Ain’t Sh*t!
Round 2: Love is Grand! (Love Poem)
Round 3: Freak Me, Baby! (Erotic Round)
Cuts for each round will be dependent upon the number of participants. Please see the slam Manager for final confirmation of cut the day of the event.
- Each poem must be of the poet’s own construction.
- Each poet gets 3 minutes 30 second (plus a ten-second grace period) to read one poem; if the poet goes over, points will be deducted from the total score.
- A poet’s time begins as soon as they say anything on stage or engage the audience in any way.
- The poet may NOT use props, costumes, or musical instruments. This includes the removal of clothing.
- The poem can only be performed by one person.
- Poets ARE allowed to read from paper and electronic devices such as laptops or cell phones. There will be no point penalty assessed unless it’s used as a PROP (as outlined above).
- Finally, clothing is required; pajamas are optional.